Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette Review!

I'm not usually an impulsive shopper. I usually read soo many reviews before I even decide if I wan't to buy something, especially makeup! But I was scrolling down my Facebook feed and saw that Too Faced posted a picture of this Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Collection. I immediately went to sephora.com and purchased it.

I think the reason I purchased this so quickly is because it appeared to be very versatile with its mix of matte, shimmer, and glitter shades! I've already gotten some questions about this palette, so I figure I should go ahead and review it now. Right now this is available at Ulta, Sephora, and the Too Faced website.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Collection
-Price: $49
-Contains 16 eyeshadows


These eyeshadows are housed in a cute chocolate palette! It's very durable, and it has a magnetic closure.



The palette also has a decent sized mirror. Inside is a plastic sheet that tells you the names of each shade of eyeshadow. I really wish the names were actually on the palette, so I wouldn't have to keep up with the sheet.


Inside are 6 matte eyeshadows and 10 shimmer eyeshadows. 2 of the shimmer shades have some glitter too. The shades White Chocolate (matte cream) and Champagne Truffle ( shimmery light pink) are larger than the other eyeshadows.


Here's a closer look at the left half of the palette:


Swatches of the left half (from left to right): Gilded Ganache, Salted Caramel, Hazelnut, White Chocolate, Marzipan, Creme Brulee, Semi-Sweet, Haute Chocolate



And here is the right side of the palette:


 The right side of the palette swatched from left to right: Milk Chocolate, Strawberry Bon Bon, Cherry Cordial, Black Forrest Truffle, Candied Violet, Champagne Truffle, Triple Fudge, Armaretto



The shimmer shades in this palette really impressed me because they all have excellent color payoff. The glitter in Cherry Cordial, Black Forest Truffle and Candied Violet is beautiful. I also don't experience much fallout with those shades which is pretty surprising! Creme Brulee is a pretty eyelid color, and Champagne Truffle is an excellent highlight shade!

The matte shades were a little less impressive. Some of them were a little streaky, especially Strawberry Bon Bon and Semi-Sweet. I have done eye looks with most of these shades already, and the matte shades are usable. Milk Chocolate is actually a great blending shade for me. I would recommend making sure you use a good primer before using these.

I have no problem with fading or creasing with these when I use a primer. So far I've used these with a few different primers and these lasted the whole day with all of them!

One really unique thing about this palette is all of the eyeshadows contain cocoa powder, so it smells like chocolate!! The smell really goes perfectly with the theme of this palette, and I love smelling chocolate while doing my makeup!

To summarize, this palette is very versatile can be used to do natural or dark looks, and it has a great mix of shimmer and matte shades. Almost all of the shades have great color payoff and blend easily. But, a few of the mattes are a little powdery and lack in color payoff, and I wish the names of the eyeshadows was on the palette. This palette is good for the price though, and I think a lot of neutral/chocolate lovers will enjoy this! 

Comments

  1. Pretty! Wow that is neat that they smell like chocolate :)

    Kayla
    sheerbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous! If I get this, I'm kind of afraid I'd want to eat it! lol

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's smells so good I kinda wonder if they actually taste good! haha

      Delete
  3. Man, I want this palette so bad! I have way too many palettes though...

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Ugh I need to go on a no buy or something!

      Delete
  4. Those colors are so pigmented and so pretty! I love the packaging!

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The packaging is so perfect with the chocolate theme!

      Delete
  5. Nice palette. I like the combination of shades and package a lot :)


    Makeup Demon blog
    Makeup Demon Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think they did a great job with including a nice variety of shades and finishes!

      Delete
  6. I wonder if the chocolate smell will eventually fade. I was hoping this palette would be all browns and general cocoa colors...not sure how I feel about blue and green. Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering about that too! I know that Too Faced uses chocolate in the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer; I need to ask someone who has had it a long time if the smell fades!

      Delete
  7. Chocolate smelling eyeshadows - don't think I've come across those before! The concept is really cute and a bit of fun. I can see why this would be attractive when impulse shopping. Glad to hear the shimmery shades are good but wish the matte shades were just as impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a new concept for me too! And yeah, if a few of the shades were a little better this palette would be perfect!

      Delete
  8. This palette looks nice! Too bad the matte colors aren't that great.

    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a couple shades were disappointing, but some of the mattes can be worked with with some primer or an eyeshadow base!

      Delete
  9. Thank you! I'll check your blog out

    ReplyDelete
  10. This palette looks amazing! I love how it looks like a chocolate bar, but that, best part, smells like it too! Awesome review! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the theme for this palette is awesome too!

      Delete
  11. Danggg, I really need this palette in my life! All the colors look amazing…! The fact that they actually smell like chocolate makes it even more amazing :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't tell if I was drawn in by the colors or by the chocolate smell.....

      Delete
  12. I've been thinking about getting this myself, it looks really nice but I think it's just a little too similar to some of the palettes I already have! Great post :)
    Bea x
    www.beasbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure I could find some dupes for lots of the shades in this palette. I was in need of a neutral palette though, especially since I don't own any of the Naked palettes!

      Delete
  13. Wow! How have I not heard about this?? How stinkin cute, love the packaging and the names!! Smells like chocolate too?? HUGE bonus mmmmm. Must buy this asap. THANKS for sharing!!! XO!

    Megs

    http://megnificentbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the release of the Naked 3 has caused some people to not pay as much attention to this, but I really like it! And no problem!!

      Delete
  14. Call me crazy, but even though I am a HUGE chocoholic, I really dislike the smell of chocolate in beauty products. I think it confuses me, lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand-I am the exact same way with peppermint scents! I love peppermint but I can't deal with peppermint smelling lotions, body sprays, etc.... kinda grosses me out! haha

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous palette and loved your review! Favorites are the shimmer shades :) I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please join my GFC and I'll follow you right back!

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  16. i just got one! still waiting for the lorac pro to come bacj int stock!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you think of it! And I heard that the lorac pro isn't sold at sephora anymore, but ulta still has it!

      Delete
  17. I'm not supposed to buy any more shadow...but wow does this palette look great! Sucks its been pulled from Sephora. I think that was the only place we could get it in Canada. Anyway thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  18. I said i wasnt buying any palettes this year except Naked 3 - but I need this one! It looks amazing! :) x

    Molly's Beauty Spot | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ive got my eye on this palette. Ive restricted myself from buying "big' makeup purchases till March...lol so until then I will have to envy you! But this is definitely on my wish list. Great post.

    Rozlyn P.


    Rozlyn P.

    http://thedaredbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment