Laura Mercier Medium Deep Translucent Setting Powder!

When I heard that this product was coming out I was extremely happy. The idea of a "translucent powder" with a slight tint has been done before (think Ben Nye Powders), but people have been raving about Laura Mercier's Translucent powder for years. I never tried it purely for fear of a white cast on my deep skin tone. The It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores powder defied my expectations when it comes to white, translucent powders. But I'll stop rambling because this product is not a white, translucent powder- it is a translucent powder perfectly suited for people with deeper skin tones, and I couldn't be happier.

Seriously, every time I apply this product to my face all I can say is "Thank you, Laura."

This product is available wherever Laura Mercier Products are sold (Sephora, Nordstrom, etc.) It costs around $38.00.





I could probably write multiple posts about how much I love this powder, but I'll try to break down the reasons I love it as concisely as I possibly can.

You get a good amount of product for the money, and loose powders usually last me an extremely long time. The packaging is nice too. Loose powders are inevitably messy, but at least this one has a large cap which gives you a nice are to swirl your brush around to get product. It blends super easily, and I like applying it both with a brush and with the powder puff it came with.

On my skin this powder feels luxurious. My skin feels and looks so smooth and poreless. The color is an awesome match. I don't feel like I have to be super careful about not putting to much product on my face and getting a white, washed out look. Also, it has a decent amount of coverage. I've worn this on its own just to smooth out my skin and it looks great. And it is excellent as a setting powder. It makes my makeup last all day.

I'm so appreciative of Influenster for giving me the opportunity to test out this product. Honestly, if you are of a deeper skin tone and would like a full proof translucent powder, I highly recommend checking this out. If you have a Sephora near you it would be probably beneficial to take a look at it in person if you are split between this powder and the original.

Comments